As anyone who has gone mountain biking before knows, it can be incredibly difficult just choosing where you want to go and what types of nature you want to revel in. With options ranging from your standard wood and mountains trails to beaches and everything in between, choosing where you’re going to bike can be just as important as making sure that you have all the necessary equipment. With that in mind, Red Bull has done a huge favor and selected 5 amazing places to go on your next biking trip.
- New Zealand: New Zealand should be a no-brainer when it comes to mountain biking opportunities. As everyone knows (because let’s be honest; everyone has seen the Lord of the Rings movies), the entire country seems to be made of the most gorgeous mountains overlooking amazing plains and viewscapes. As if that weren’t enough, the fact that all of the pros training for the UCI world cup use it as a training ground should be enough to convince you that the land of the kiwi has more to offer than just fruit and strange little birds.
- Canada: Along with being easy to get to from the United States, Canada offers so much to the mountain biker in search of a great ride. While Retallack is known for it’s fantastic cross-country skiing, it is also quickly becoming a mountain biking hotspot. The region is full of old mining hills and slopes that are just perfect for freestyling your way down the mountain. Just be careful!
- Wales: First off, Wales has a ton of amazing man-made trails and biking spots including Bike Park Wales (one of the UK’s best biking destinations). But other than all that is man-made, the country is also home to hundreds of back mountain trails that just require asking the locals about. It also has an amazing bike culture.
- Norway: Norway is the land of the fjords and it’s known throughout the world as having some of the most beautiful natural vistas in the world. The Hafjell Bike Park just adds to how perfect a country it is for mountain biking.
- Finale Ligure: This little region is in Liguria, Italy and is part of the Italian Riviera. It’s also one of the most gorgeous places in the world and defies explanation. It’s simply divine for biking.
Hopefully these will help inspire your next biking trip. Be safe out there. If you’d like to read more, the link is here.